- IST stands for “I Say The Time”. No one cares about punctuality, a meeting scheduled at 1.00 pm will start at 2.15 pm. Did you say it’s supposed to end in 30 minutes? Nope, gets extended to 1 hour discussing the manager’s latest hobby, how his wife is a boring drab, and he doesn’t talk to her anymore!
- You’re expected to be at the office for more than 8 hours, not necessarily working. Never question the long working hours. Did I tell you that there’s no extra pay for overtime and late nights?
- Work-life balance only exists in talks. In real office its Work first. Stay late night, you’re considered hard worker. Leave on time, and you’re considered an average worker. Personal Life? Nah forget it.
- You aren’t irreplaceable The attitude is: be thankful that you’ve a job, thousands are looking for your job with lesser salary. Translation – you’re the slave.
- Jealous colleagues: We as a society are UNHAPPY with another’s success. If we see someone climbing the ladder, we’ll do everything to pull that one down.
- You can never do anything worth appreciation. You wrote good code? Came up with an idea? Did you rock your presentation? It is somehow never goid enough. There will be that one who finds fault.
- Tea break goes for more than 30–40 minutes, and bathroom breaks can be between 15 – 20 minutes
- Culture: Scary-cat people. We are afraid of our gods and our boss. “Boss is always right” is something that is being etched on our minds since the very first day. Disagreement with the boss is a big no.
- Favoritism: Boss’s pets can gossip. The work you do doesn’t matter when it comes to performance ratings. If you’re not in the boss’s good books youre not gonna get much. In short, you just have to get your boss to like you. Which leads me to my next point…
- A#$ licking : some people, those who know that they are good for nothing, have no self respect and will do anything to get into the boss’s good books.
- Groupism: Bird of the same feather flock together. There are all kinds of grouls ib the office. Guujus, Kannadigas, Marathi’s, Telugu’s, Tamilians, Mallus, Northies… God forbid if you are the odd one out. Meetings are conducted in the regional language even though there is a policy that they should be in English.
- Micro management: We have perfeted the art of micro management. Nothing is private for the bosses he will even try to dictate how to run not only your life but your kids’ life. The time is right he will taunts you.
- Recreational activities: these things are looked down upon as wasting time and not being serious. Indian bosses don’t believe in relieving stress or taking breaks.
Upvote and follow me 👍
What are the best ways to make money online? 2 Answers | 0 Votes
Is work from home going to continue? 2 Answers | 0 Votes
Should a fresher (new graduate) go into freelancing from home? 2 Answers | 0 Votes
What are the pros and cons of making money online? 2 Answers | 0 Votes
Warning! Are you wasting your hard earned money? 0 Answers | 0 Votes